I'll "sticky" this thread and try and update it when there is a new Lowrance software update that is made available for the various popular devices.... If anyone wants to do something similar for the Humminbird products, feel free.
What changes are made in this update? HDS Gen2 1.1 includes many new features including:
Updated trail logging when using Navionics maps- Trails now follow the vessel more closely, and with greater accuracy. Enhanced range ring overlay. StructureMap Enhancement – Enhancements include the ability to clear live history and to toggle water column when operating in Live Mode. Writing to Mapping Cards – Now Gen2 users can save waypoints, routes, trails, USR data, structure logs and sonar logs directly to any mapping card. Improvements– Corrected rebooting when switching to multi-panel configurations
A new Lowrance HDS Gen2 and Gen2 Touch update is out - v2.0
HDS Gen2 2.0 includes the following improvements: - Support for GoFree™ wireless connectivity through a WIFI-1 module. Allows screen mirroring of the Gen2 display on compatible tablets, mobile phones and computers. Requires Lowrance GoFree WIFI-1 module and viewer app available on the Apple AppStore or Google Play Store.
- Insight Genesis Compatibility for creating and viewing personal high-definition bathymetric contour maps from sonar log recordings you made yourself. Insight Genesis mapping can now be created and viewed on an HDS Gen2 chartplotter.
- Chart-sharing allows charts on memory cards to be shared across the Ethernet network. Insert any compatible Insight, Navionics® or Jeppesen® chart into one unit and view on any other networked HDS Gen2 display.
- Depth contour shading and shallow water highlight - Use these new features with Navionics Charts to quickly identify fishing areas of interest or to highlight shallow water areas requiring extra caution.
- 5Hz internal antenna update now updates at a 5Hz update rate providing better trail accuracy and smoother chart rotation.
- StructureMap™ HD capability enables users to convert recorded StructureScan® HD sonar logs into stunning high-definition underwater maps of lakes, rivers or the seafloor. Miscellaneous corrections
Additional Version 2.0 Enhancements include: Support for the new Lowrance Point-1 10Hz external GPS antenna Dual Chart capability StructureScan auto-contrast New panel configurations on HDS-8 and -10 displays Added screen-capture shortcut New PDF reader, and more