The Striper Mafia is holding our Charity tournament on May 15th to benefit the Smith Mountain Lake Marine Volunteer Fire & Rescue Emergency Response Divers. It is our goal to raise funds through this event to help address some needs they have to acquire equipment to better serve our lake community.
Details for registration can be found in the Striper Mafia Website or in the event description below
Our Charity Tournament is this weekend - May 15th. A few details on the tournament:
This tournament is to benefit the SML Rescue Dive team - part of the SML Marine Fire & Rescue department to help raise funds for some equipment they need to execute their mission to keep us safe, and assist when needed in the less than desirable activities of recovery - but one that we all want their ability to execute on when needed.
We will will be paying out 70% of the entry fees to placing teams with the remaining 30% going to the SML Rescue Dive Team. # of places to be determined by # of entries. Optional Big Fish & Big Bass pots will pay out 100% For the event we will not do the "non-placing team raffle". There will be Youth 1st - 3rd place plaques & prizes.
In addition, we will be holding raffles for a number of great prizes. Raffle tickets will be $5 each, or 7 for $25. You will be able to place one or more tickets in various buckets for the prizes to be drawn. Tickets can be purchased at the Captain's Meeting or the Post-tournament check-in. You must be present at the post-tournament check-in / awards to win. The raffle is open to the public - you do not have to fish in the tournament to participate.
Prizes for raffle: - 50 Gallon Creek Bank Bait Tank - Pair of Clearboard Planer boards - pair of Catch the Fever Striper Stealth rods - a pair of Rayban Sunglasses
We will also have a 50/50 cash raffle to participate in with proceeds going to the Dive team.
Tournament logistics: - Captain's Meeting will be at SML Building Supply from 5:30 until 8pm - Lines in will be 6:00 am - Post-tournament check-in will also be held at SML Building Supply and open at 2:30, closing at 4pm.
If you plan to fish, please pre-register on the Strriper Mafia website - though we will take registrations at the Captains Meeting.