Don't forget that the Striper Club Open tournament is just over a week away - Oct 3rd. Hopefully this rain will come, fill the lake back up, and not muddy things up too bad for us all.
The registration will happen at the Captain's Meeting held as a part of the Club meeting - 7pm at the Moneta Community Center on Rucker Rd on Friday the 2nd.
You will need your own measuring device (measuring board, tape measure, yard stick, etc) and plan to bring it to the post tournament check-in to be validated. Token cards will be distributed at the Captains Meeting, with the check-in held at Captains Quarters after the event - must be there no later than 4pm.
Post by mwardncsu on Sept 29, 2015 20:40:16 GMT -5
Artie - well, I figure the fish are already wet......
Seriously - The Tournament Director and I talked earlier today - for now we are still on and will make a call late day on Friday pending the forecast for any dangerous weather/winds. We'll fish the rain - we've done so before and will do so in the future - but if there are dangerous conditions then we'll make the call to postpone or cancel. Will have a decision certainly by the Captain's Meeting on Friday at 7pm - if needed and we can, a bit before and will push out the update as soon as possible on the SMSC Facebook Page, SMSC Website if possible depending on where I am, the SMSC Discussion Forum and here on the the forum/thread.
There will be money prizes to the top 4 places, and a cash raffle to the non-placing teams - so as long as we have 5 teams participating, 5 teams will walk away with some cash I guess you have to bring the pic of at least one fish to the check-in to place in the top 4 - I'll let the tourney director (not me) clarify that
The Fall Open Tournament scheduled for this Saturday, 10/3 has been postponed - we will look at options to reschedule it combine with another event as we see how the lake fares from this weekend's rain.
As Striper fisherman / women welcome fishing in the rain but conditions are shaping up with potential for high winds and down trees that make it not safe for those that trailer, coupled with lots of debris on the lake already - hence we will err on the side of caution.
Check back here and the Club Website or FB page for further updates.
Hope you'll still come out to our meeting on Friday however - Capt. Dewayne Lamb from Captains Quarters will be speaking to the Club on Bay and SML fishing.
Last Edit: Oct 1, 2015 8:52:10 GMT -5 by mwardncsu
Well, Mother Nature threw a curve-ball this weekend. Fortunately things did not materialize as bad as it looked mid-week and even on Thursday - though it would have been pretty raw out there on Saturday AM.
The SMSC Tournament Committee & Board looked at options for rescheduling elsewhere in October and due to various other conflicts there another weekend in October is not possible. As such, the SMSC is going to join forces with the Striper Mafia for the November tournament. Already a silver sponsor of the tournament, the SMSC is going to also help to provide the food & beverage at the post-tournament check-in / awards presentation.
Disappointed that the weather did a head-fake resulting in the change of plans this past Saturday - but hope you'll come out to support the Club at this event.