During our March Madness tournament next weekend (3/24) we will be collecting 16 oz jars of peanut butter that will be used for a children's' lunch backpack program for local children in need. We did this as a part of our March tournament last year and had an incredible response, and hope we can break our collection record this year.
To help with a little incentive, we will be raffling off an Onyx automatic inflatable life-vest, donated by tournament sponsor Sea Tow Smith Mountain Lake, and we'll include some other goodies along with it. For every four jars of peanut butter donated you will get one raffle ticket. This is open to both tournament participants and the general public, though you must be present at the drawing on Saturday afternoon to win.
Last Edit: Mar 16, 2018 15:56:18 GMT -5 by mwardncsu
How many boats do you think will enter the tournament? .. I’m just curious..
Around 45 are pre-registered and I've heard from several others that are most likely going to register Friday at the Captain's Meeting. Hopefully no one gets scared off by the weather forecasts which seem to be changing hourly back and forth.....
Come join us - or at least make your way to Mangos a little before 4pm and bring 4 jars of peanut butter to be entered in the prize raffle.....
Wanted to provide a quick update out to everyone regarding the tournament this weekend - as is customary for Striper Mafia tournaments, we have some weird weather in the forecast - the calendar says Spring but Mother Nature has other ideas.
We've been very closely watching the weather forecasts for the last few days - at this point it appears precipitation will be moving in mid to late afternoon on Saturday, with the likelihood of that turning into snow in the very late afternoon / evening. A 50 mile change in the track of this system could mean we see less or more snow when it comes through and no one will know till it happens.
Rescheduling this date is unfortunately not an option and I know many have made commitments to be here this weekend - with some already on the way. So given the forecast look, though a little cold for March, for most of the day on Saturday we are continuing forward - that approaching front could bring good things for the bite as well.
We will continue to watch the track & timing of this system and if it looks like it may get bad earlier than later we might consider shortening the tournament by an hour or so to allow folks to get on the road. We'll provide an update at the Captain's Meeting on Friday evening and make sure there is good communication if any changes need to be made during the day on Saturday as well.
Obviously your safety is of the primary concern - We certainly want to see as many fishing the event as possible, but please use your own prudence in making the decision to travel & participate. If you potentially needed to head out earlier than the end of the tournament to get ahead of things, we can work together to accommodate that and your entries would certainly count towards the results.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM or send us an email at email@example.com
Team STRIKE ZONE won it with 73.5” - I’ll get full results out but probably tomorrow as we just got back to NC after driving 30 Minutes in hyper-drive (I mean snow) and picking up the kids once they get back from a field trip and we get back home on these snow covered roads in NC that we were not supposed to have here tonight